We hear it all the time at the library, “My son doesn’t know what to read”, “I need a book that will keep my son reading”, or (from the guys themselves) “I can’t find anything good to read!”. Well, our website of the week is here to help you! Guys Read, an amazing site by Jon Scieszka, is just for guys (and little guys too). It offers a variety of booklists that would interest boys and young men.
By clicking on a title in a booklist, it will show you the cover art, age level, page count, genre, and whether it is part of a series (series are great for reluctant readers; if they like one book then they will probably like the rest in that series). All of this is very helpful when deciding on the next reading adventure you want to take or to gauge how interested your guy might be in the book!
Want some of our own recommendations for guys? Here you go!
- “Diary of a Wimpy Kid” by Jeff Kinney
- “A Series of Unfortunate Events” by Lemony Snicket
- “Percy Jackson and the Olympians” by Rick Riordan
- “39 Clues” series (various authors)
- “Holes” by Louis Sachar
- “Hatchet” by Gary Paulsen
- “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” by Alvin Schwartz
- Anything written by Dan Gutman, Gordon Korman, Roald Dahl, or Mike Lupica